英语阅读英文经典故事

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第22章:踏上未知的旅程(1)

本文已影响 1.96W人 

22 Journey into the Unknown

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第22章:踏上未知的旅程(1)
22 踏上未知的旅程

I was shot on a Tuesday at lunchtime.

我是在星期二中午被枪击的。

By Thursday Morning my father was so convinced that I would die that he told my uncle Faiz Mohammad that the village should start preparing for my funeral.

到了星期四早上,父亲几乎已经确定我活不下去了,所以,他让我的舅舅法伊兹·穆罕默德开始在村里帮我准备后事。

I had been put into an induced coma, my vital signs were deteriorating, my face and body were swollen and my kidneys and lungs failing.

我处于引导昏迷的状态中,生命迹象不断恶化,脸和身体都肿了起来,肾脏和肺脏逐渐衰竭。

My father later told me that it was terrifying to see me connected to all the tubes in that small glass cubicle.

父亲后来告诉我,看到我在那间小小的玻璃隔间里,身上插满管子,是最可怕的事。

As far as he could see, I was medically dead.

他认为从医学的角度来说,我已经死了。

He was devastated. 'It's too early, she's only 15,' he kept thinking. 'Is her life to be so short?'

他陷入绝望之中,“这太早了,她不过才15岁,”他心想,“难道她的生命真的如此短暂吗?”

My mother was still praying – she had barely slept.

我的母亲还是持续祈祷着,她几乎没有合过眼。

Faiz Mohammad had told her she should recite the Surah of the Haj, the chapter of the Quran about pilgrimage,

法伊兹·穆罕默德告诉她,她应该诵念《古兰经》里讲述朝觐的内容。

and she recited over and over again the same twelve verses (58–70) about the all-powerfulness of God.

母亲把那十二段祷词(58-70)一遍又一遍地反复诵读,祷词里讲的是真主的全知全能。

She told my father she felt I would live but he could not see how.

她告诉父亲,她觉得我能活下来,但父亲难以赞同。

When Colonel Junaid came to check on me, my father again asked him, 'Will she survive?'

当朱奈德上校来检查我的状况时,父亲再次询问:“她能活下来吗?”

'Do you believe in God?' the doctor asked him.

“你信真主吗?”医生问他。

'Yes,' said my father. Colonel Junaid seemed to be a man of great spiritual depth.

“我相信。”父亲回答。朱奈德上校看起来是个很有精神深度的人。

His advice was to appeal to God and that He would answer our prayers.

他建议父亲向真主恳求,而真主会回应我们的祷告。

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章