英语阅读英文经典故事

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第20章:谁是马拉拉?(3)

本文已影响 2.26W人 

As we waited for the signal to start the exam, I recited holy verses to myself.

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第20章:谁是马拉拉?(3)
等待开始答题之前,我心里默念神圣的诗句。

I completed the paper but I knew I'd made a mistake filling in the blanks.

我答完了考卷,但很快发现我在一道填空题上出了错。

I was so cross with myself I almost cried.

我生自己的气,气到差点落泪。

It was just one question worth only one mark, but it made me feel that something devastating was going to happen.

那道题目只不过占一分,但它让我预感到某种更具破坏性的事情将要发生。

When I got home that afternoon I was sleepy, but the next day was Pakistan Studies, a difficult paper for me.

那天下午回到家时,我很困,但第二天的考试科目是巴基斯坦研究,一门对我来说难度较高的课。

I was worried about losing even more marks so I made myself coffee with milk to drive away the devils of sleep.

我很担心自己会拿到更低的成绩。所以,我为自己泡了一杯加牛奶的咖啡,想以此来驱走睡魔。

When my mother came she tried it and liked it and drank the rest.

母亲来看我时,尝了一口我的饮料,觉得很好喝,便一口气把剩下的全部喝光了。

I could not tell her, 'Bhabi, please stop it, that's my coffee.'

我没有办法对她开口说:“嫂嫂,别喝了,那可是我的救命咖啡啊。”

But there was no more coffee left in the cupboard.

而橱柜里的咖啡已经喝完了。

Once again I stayed up late, memorising the textbook about the history of our independence.

这天,我照样复习到很晚,背诵课本上关于独立的章节。

In the morning my parents came to my room as usual and woke me up.

一大早,父母和往常一样来我的房间叫我起床。

I don't remember a single school day on which I woke up early by myself.

在我的记忆里,在过往上学的所有日子里,从没有一天是我自己主动爬起来的。

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章