英语阅读英文经典故事

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第21章:主啊 我将她托付给你(2)

本文已影响 8.41K人 

As president of their association, my father felt he couldn't let all those people down so he delivered his speech as planned.

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第21章:主啊 我将她托付给你(2)
身为组织的领导人,他觉得自己不能让大家失望。于是,他按照原定计划完成了演讲。

But there were beads of sweat on his forehead and for once there was no need for anyone to signal to him to wind it up.

但他的额头不断冒出豆大的汗珠,而且仅此一次,他没有被人提醒时间已到。

As soon as he had finished, my father did not wait to take questions from the audience and instead rushed off to the hospital with Ahmad Shah and another friend, Riaz, who had a car.

演讲一结束,父亲没有等观众提问,就与艾哈迈德·沙赫和另一个有车的朋友一起赶往医院。

The hospital was only five minutes away.

到医院只有五分钟的路程。

They arrived to find crowds gathered outside and photographers and TV cameras.

他们抵达时,发现医院外面已经挤满了人,还有拍照和电视台的摄像机。

Then he knew for certain that I was there.

这时,他知道我肯定是在这台车上了。

My father's heart sank.

父亲的心猛地一沉,

He pushed through the people and ran through the camera flashes into the hospital.

他推开人群,在此起彼伏的闪光灯中冲进医院里。

Inside I was lying on a trolley, a bandage over my head, my eyes closed, my hair spread out.

我躺在担架上,头上包着绷带,披头散发,双眼紧闭。

'My daughter, you are my brave daughter, my beautiful daughter,' he said over and over, kissing my forehead and cheeks and nose.

“我的女儿啊,我勇敢的女儿,我漂亮的女儿。”他重复了一遍又一遍,一边说一边亲吻我的额头、脸颊和鼻子。

He didn't know why he was speaking to me in English.

他不知道自己为什么要用英文跟我说话。

I think somehow I knew he was there even though my eyes were closed.

虽然我当时双目紧闭,失去知觉,但我觉得,我一定知道父亲来到了身边。

My father said later, 'I can't explain it. I felt she responded.'

父亲后来说:“我无法解释,但我觉得她在回应我的呼唤。”

Someone said I had smiled.

有人说我微笑了一下。

But to my father it was not a smile, just a small beautiful moment because he knew he had not lost me for ever.

但父亲知道那不是个微笑,那只是一个美好的瞬间。在那一瞬间,他知道他没有永远失去我。

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章