英语阅读英文经典故事

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 头部中枪的女孩(1)

本文已影响 4.17K人 

23 'The Girl Shot in the Head, Birmingham'

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 头部中枪的女孩(1)
23 “伯明翰,头部中枪的女孩”

I woke up on 16 October, a week after the shooting.

我在10月16日醒来,枪击事件发生后的一星期。

I was thousands of miles away from home with a tube in my neck to help me breathe and unable to speak.

我离家千里之遥,脖子上插着一根管子,它帮助我呼吸,也让我无法说话。

I was on the way back to criticAl care after another CT scan, and flitted between consciousness and sleep until I woke properly.

当时,刚做完一次断层扫描,我在回到加护病房的路上。我时而清醒,时而昏迷,最后完全清醒过来。

The first thing I thought when I came round was, Thank God I'm not dead.

我清醒过来后的第一件事情就是,“感谢真主,我还活着”。

But I had no idea where I was.

但我完全不知道自己身在何处。

I knew I was not in my homeland.

我知道自己不在家乡。

The nurses and doctors were speaking English though they seemed to all be from different countries.

护士与医生说的都是英语,但他们似乎都来自不同的国家。

I was speaking to them but no one could hear me because of the tube in my neck.

我试图跟他们说话,但因为脖子上那条管子的关系,他们听不见我的声音。

To start with my left eye was very blurry and everyone had two noses and four eyes.

一开始,我的左眼看任何东西都是模模糊糊的,每个人似乎都有两个鼻子和四只眼睛

All sorts of questions flew through my waking brain: Where was I? Who had brought me there? Where were my parents? Was my father alive? I was terrified.

我清醒的大脑里充斥着各种问题:这是哪里?谁带我来的?我的父母在哪儿?我的父亲还活着吗?我很害怕。

Dr Javid, who was there when I was brought round, says he will never forget the look of fear and bewilderment on my face.

我醒转过来时,贾维德医生在现场,他说他永远也不会忘记我脸上表现出的恐惧与困惑。

He spoke to me in Urdu.

他用乌尔都语跟我说话。

The only thing I knew was that Allah had blessed me with a new life.

我唯一确信的事情,就是真主赋予我一条新的生命。

A nice lady in a headscarf held my hand and said, 'Asalaamu alaikum,' which is our traditional Muslim greeting.

一个戴着头巾的女士亲切地握住我的手,跟我说:“阿莎拉穆·阿拉伊科姆。”这是我们穆斯林的传统问候。

Then she started saying prayers in Urdu and reciting verses of the Quran.

接着,她开始用乌尔都语念诵祷词,并吟咏起《古兰经》中的词句。

She told me her name was Rehanna and she was the Muslim chaplain.

她告诉我她叫蕾哈娜,是一名穆斯林牧师。

Her voice was soft and her words were soothing, and I drifted back to sleep.

她的语调轻柔,言语温暖,我在那声音中陷入梦乡。

I dreamed I wasn't really in hospital.

我梦见自己人在他方,而非医院。

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章