英语阅读英文经典故事

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 头部中枪的女孩(16)

本文已影响 1.67W人 

They were worried I wasn't eating.

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 头部中枪的女孩(16)
我不大吃东西,他们很担心。

But I didn't like the hospital food and I was worried it was not halal.

我不喜欢医院提供的餐饮,而且也担心这些食物不符合伊斯兰教饮食戒律。

The only things I'd eat there were the nutritional milkshakes.

在那里,我唯一接受的食物,就是营养奶昔。

Nurse Julie discovered I liked Cheesy Wotsits so brought me those.

护士茱莉发现我喜欢吃奶酪玉米片,常常准备一些给我吃。

'What do you like?' they asked me.

“你喜欢吃什么?”他们问我。

'Fried chicken,' I replied.

“炸鸡。”我回答。

Yma discovered there was a halal Kentucky Fried Chicken at Small Heath so would go there every afternoon to buy me chicken and chips.

伊玛在小希思发现了一家遵循伊斯兰教饮食戒律处理食物的肯德基,因此,每天下午会去那里帮我买炸鸡和薯片。

One day she even cooked me a curry.

有一天,她甚至为我烹煮了咖喱。

To keep me occupied they brought me a DVD player.

为了让我有事可做,他们为我买了一台DVD播放器。

One of the first movies they got me was Bend it Like Beckham,

在他们为我准备的第一批电影里,有一部叫《我爱贝克汉姆》。

thinking the story of a Sikh girl challenging her cultural norms and playing football would appeal to me.

他们认为一个锡克教的女孩挑战她的文化规范,跑去踢足球的故事能够吸引我。

I was shocked when the girls took off their shirts to practise in sports bras and I made the nurses switch it off.

但当我看见一群女孩脱掉了衬衫,仅穿运动内衣打球时,大吃一惊,赶紧请护士帮我关掉。

After that they brought cartoons and Disney movies.

那之后,他们带来了一些卡通和迪士尼电影。

I watched all three Shrek movies and A Shark's Tale.

我把《怪物史瑞克》前三部全部看了一遍,还看了《鲨鱼黑帮》。

My left eye was still blurry so I covered it when I watched, and my left ear would bleed so I had to keep putting in cotton-wool balls.

我的左眼依旧看不清楚,所以当我看电影时,会先把它遮盖起来;而我的左耳依然不时会流血,因此,需要不停地塞棉花球进去。

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章