英语阅读英文经典故事

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 头部中枪的女孩(3)

本文已影响 2.69W人 

No one told me what was going on or who had brought me to the hospital.

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 头部中枪的女孩(3)
没有人告诉我发生了什么事,或是谁把我送到医院的。

I thought they didn't know themselves.

我想可能连她们自己也不知道答案。

I could feel that the left side of my face wasn't working properly.

我可以感觉到自己左半张脸无法正常工作。

If I looked at the nurses or doctors for too long my left eye watered.

如果我盯着护士或医生看一会儿,左眼就会流出泪水。

I didn't seem to be able to hear from my left ear and my jaw wouldn't move properly.

我的左耳听不见,也无法顺利地移动我的下颚。

I gestured to people to stand on my right.

我示意人们站在我的右侧。

Then a kind lady called Dr Fiona came and gave me a white teddy bear.

之后,来了一位亲切的女士——菲奥娜医生,她送了一只白色的泰迪熊给我。

She said I should call it Junaid and she would explain why later.

她说我可以叫它朱奈德,过后她会跟我说明缘由。

I didn't know who Junaid was so I named it Lily.

我不知道谁是朱奈德,因此我叫它莉莉。

She also brought me a pink exercise book to write in.

她还带了一本粉红色的笔记本,让我可以在上面写字。

The first two questions my pen wrote were, 'Why have I no father?' and 'My father has no money.

我用笔写下的头两个问题是:“为什么我父亲不在这里?”和“我父亲没有钱。

Who will pay for all this?'

谁来支付我的医疗费用?”

Your father is safe,' she replied. 'He is in Pakistan. Don't worry about payment.'

“你的父亲很安全,”她回答,“他人在巴基斯坦。关于医疗费用的问题,你也不用操心。”

I repeated the questions to anyone who came in. They all said the same.

我用同样的问题询问每一个进来的人,他们的答案都一样。

But I was not convinced.

但他们说服不了我。

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章