英语阅读英文经典故事

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第21章:主啊 我将她托付给你(1)

本文已影响 2.88W人 

21'God, I entrust her to you'

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第21章:主啊 我将她托付给你(1)
21 “主啊,我将她托付给你”

As soon as Usman Bhai Jan realised what had happened he drove the dyna to Swat Central Hospital at top speed.

乌斯曼反应过来,开着校车一路飞奔,向斯瓦特中央医院冲去。

The other girls were screaming and crying.

女孩子们都在尖叫大哭。

I was lying on Moniba's lap, bleeding from my head and left ear.

我趴在莫妮巴大腿上,血从我的头部和左耳流出。

We had only gone a short way when a policeman stopped the van and started asking questions, wasting precious time.

我们才开出一小段路,就被一位警察拦下来问话,浪费掉一些宝贵的时间。

One girl felt my neck for a pulse.

一个女孩摸了摸我的脖子,发现还有脉搏。

'She's alive!' she shouted.

“她还活着!”她大喊道,

'We must get her to hospital.

“我们要快点带她去医院。

Leave us alone and catch the man who did this!'

别再拦着我们了,快去把凶手抓起来!”

Mingora seemed like a big town to us but it's really a small place and the news spread quickly.

对我们来说,明戈拉好像是个很大的城镇,但其实只是一个小地方,消息很快就传了开来。

My father was at the Swat Press Club for a meeting of the Association of Private Schools and had just gone on stage to give a speech when his mobile rang.

父亲当时正在斯瓦特媒体俱乐部参加私立学校协会的会议,刚刚踏上讲台,准备开始演讲。这时,电话响了。

He recognised the number as the Khushal School and passed the phone to his friend Ahmad Shah to answer.

他看到号码显示是胡沙尔学校打来的,便把电话交给他的朋友艾哈迈德·沙赫,请他帮忙接一下。

'Your school bus has been fired on,' he whispered urgently to my father.

“你们的校车被人开枪攻击了。”他急迫地压低声音向父亲说道。

The colour drained from my father's face.

父亲脸色惨白。

He immediately thought, Malala could be on that bus!

他马上想到:马拉拉可能就在车上!

Then he tried to reassure himself, thinking it might be a boy, a jealous lover who had fired a pistol in the air to shame his beloved.

然后他试着安慰自己,可能只是哪个吃醋的年轻人,拿着手枪跑来对空鸣枪,想让他的女朋友难堪而已。

He was at an important gathering of about 400 principals who had come from all over Swat to protest against plans by the government to impose a central regulatory authority.

他当时正在参加一场很重要的集会,大约有四百位来自斯瓦特各地的校长参加,抗议政府准备成立中央管理局的决定。

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章