英语学习英语阅读技巧

双语美文:曾有一双手救了我的命

本文已影响 2.71W人 

Here's a story I collected from a total stranger.

双语美文:曾有一双手救了我的命

这个故事是我从一个完全陌生的女士那儿听来的。


"Well, I was 11 when my family arrived at Fern lake overlook on Trail Ridge road in Rocky mountain national park.

“事情是这样的。当时我才11岁,和家人一起搬到了费恩湖畔的一所房子居住,在那里我们可以俯瞰落基山公家公园,还有纵贯山脊的径山脊公路。

 

It was so beautiful to look miles across the Rockies and thousands of feet below into the valley.

站在高处眺望连绵不绝的落基山脉,俯瞰数千英尺之下的小村庄,风景优美极了。


My parents were busy getting lunch out of the trunk so I climbed over the wooden fence to get closer to the cliff edge for a better view.

我的父母都忙着从搬家卡车里搬运食材,操持午饭。我一个人翻过木头栅栏,向山崖走去,想一睹更好的景致。


I started down a little hill but soon started sliding on loose pebble rocks.

我从一个小山坡上往下走,山坡上遍布滑溜溜的鹅卵石,我很快开始不由自主的往下滑。


I fell on my butt, but kept going faster and faster to what seemed the edge of the world (a 2,000 foot drop).

我一屁股跌坐到地上,下滑的速度越来越快,眼前似乎就是世界尽头(其实那是一个海拔2000英尺的悬崖)


In seconds I knew I was going to die.

我知道自己几秒钟之内就要死掉了。


My feet and legs went first over the edge at a high speed.

我的脚好双腿已经飞速跃过了悬崖。


Then suddenly I felt two hands push hard on my chest and stopped me dead.

突然,我感到两只手紧紧的箍住了我的胸口,我猛地停了下来。


My heart was racing and I slowly inched my body back to where I finally could make it back up the hill.

我的心脏狂跳不止,我一点一点的往回挪,直到我可以翻身站起,走回山坡上。


My father was waiting there and screaming at me for doing such a dangerous stunt .

我的父亲正在家门口等我,得知我的惊险经历,狠狠教训了我一顿。


I tried to tell him and my mom about the hands that saved my life, but to this day they don't believe me.

我告诉父亲和母亲,有一双陌生的手救了我的命,尽管费尽唇舌,可是直到今天,他们都不相信这是真的。


They thought I was just trying to get out of trouble with a made up story.

他们认为我只是编造了一个故事,好逃脱他们的教训。


We parted ways, but I assured her that I believed every word of her story.

陌生的女士说完她的故事,我们很快就分道扬镳了,临别前我告诉她,我对她的故事深信不疑。


That's why I always ask people to share their miracles.

这就是为什么,我经常请人们分享他们的故事。


Each real story makes my day.

每个故事都让我的一天充满了正能量。


翻译:小木)

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章