英语学习英语阅读技巧

双语美文:他曾有一个取名“奇迹”的女儿

本文已影响 1.89W人 

Today after work,

双语美文:他曾有一个取名“奇迹”的女儿

今天下班后


as I was driving home,

我驱车回家


I realized my brake wasn't working.

忽然发现,车上的刹车失灵了


I started to panic

我开始陷入恐慌


and managed to pull over,

总算停下了车子


luckily

十分幸运


without crashing into anything

没有撞上任何障碍物


(or anyone).

也没有撞到任何人


It started to rain

这时开始下雨


and get dark.

天也黑了


Our campus happens to be in an urban area.

我读书的校区远在市中心


I am a medical student.

我是一个医学院的学生


I have a 19-year old car.

开着一辆已经服役19年的老车


And now

而此刻


I found myself parked right in front of the hospital helicopter pad

我发现自己正停在一座医院门前的直升机停机坪上


during traffic

正是交通高峰


so I knew

我知道


I had to move my car immediately

自己必须立刻把车挪开


(without the brake).

而且还没有刹车


Poetic...

压力山大!


As I was struggling to figure out what to do,

正当我想破脑壳寻找办法的时候


a middle-aged black man knocked on my car window

一位非裔的中年男子敲了敲我的车窗


and asked me

他问我


if I needed help.

我是不是需要帮助


I rolled down the window

我把车窗降下来


and explained to him

向他解释


what happened.

发生了什么


He said

他说


it could be that

或许事情的原由


I was out of brake fluid

是因为我车上的刹车油用完了


because that happened to his daughter's car.

因为他女儿的车也发生过这样的情况


I thanked him for his help.

我感谢他的帮助


This man later came back

不多时,这个男人又走回来


with a bottle of brake fluid.

还带着一瓶刹车油


Not only did he go and buy it with his own money,

他不仅亲自为我去买了刹车油,自己掏腰包


he helped me open up the hood,

还帮我打开顶盖


put the fluid in,

把刹车油倒了进去


and then

随后


he knelt down on the wet ground

他双膝跪在湿滑的路面上


to inspect the brake seal in the rain.

冒着雨帮我检查刹车密封


I offered to pay for the brake fluid,

我提出要把买刹车油的钱还给他


but he refused to take my money.

他却拒绝收我的钱


As I reached out to shake his hand,

我伸出手,想要与他握手的时候


which now was covered in grease from my car,

我发现他的手沾满了车上的油污


I found out

我得知


that he once had a daughter,

他曾经有一个女儿


and her name was Miracle...

她的名字叫“奇迹”


I will not forget his kindness.

永不会忘记他的善良


猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章