商务英语金融英语

金融英语情景对话阅读

本文已影响 1.94W人 

下面本站小编为大家带来金融英语情景对话,欢迎大家学习!

金融英语情景对话阅读

 金融英语情景对话:西方的银行

Jiro Ito is visiting with his friend ,Bob Jenson ,a banker in New York .

伊滕次郎正与他的朋友鲍勃·詹森闲谈。鲍勃是纽约的一位银行职员。

They are talking about the history of banking in the west .

他们正在谈论有关西方银行的历史。

Ito:I'm curious about the history of banking in the west , you tell me something about it ?

伊 滕:我很想知道有关西方银行史的一些情况。鲍勃,您能给我讲一讲吗?

Jensen:Well,Jiro,the earliest banks started in Babylon almost 4,000 years ago .

詹 森:好的,次郎。最早的银行大约是4,000年前在巴比伦建立的。

They were really temples which collected deposits and made loans .

实际上,那些银行只是一种收集存款并进行放款的场所。

I :That surprises me .I had always thought that banking started during the Renaissance in Europe .

伊 滕:这可真是出乎我的意料之外,我原来一直以为银行业务始于欧洲文艺复兴时期呢。

J:No ,it was much earlier than ally ,private firms that handled deposits and loans ,

詹 森:不,比那个时期要早多了。实际上,早在公元前6世纪就有了私营的商行。

changed coins and even arranged for credit transactions existed as early as the 6th century B.C.

这些商行从事储蓄存款和贷款,兑换硬币以至安排信贷交易。

I:Then ,there were banks in ancient Greece and Rome,too?

伊 滕:当时,古希腊和罗马也有银行吗?

J:Yes ,laws in Both Greece and Rome recognized banks and many bank functions .

詹 森:是的,希腊和罗马都在法律上承认了银行和银行的许多作用。

It wasn't until the breakup of the Roman Empire and the decline in trade and commercial transactions that banking lost its previous importance .

直到罗马帝国崩溃,商贸业务衰落,银行业才失去了它以往的重要性。

I:What about the laws against usury during the Middle Ages?Didn't such laws made it illegal to charge interest on loans?

伊 滕:中世纪时,法律禁止放高利贷是怎么回事?这些法律没有规定贷款收取利息是非法的吗?

J:Yes,they did ,but these laws were gradually changed during the 14th and 15th centuries,

詹 森:规定了,但是这些法律在14,15世纪时逐步地改变了,

and banking functions started appearing again in Italy and Belgium and later in France ,Germany and England .

银行的作用又在意大利和比利时开始出现,后来又显现在法国、德国和英国。

I:I see we can really say that banking restarted during the Renaissance .

伊 滕:我明白了。实际上我们可以说,银行业在文艺复兴时期又重新开始了。

 金融英语情景对话:应付通货膨胀

Robert Albert ,president of Albert Electronics ,is talking about inflation and general financial conditions with his banker ,Wilson Hall.

艾伯特电子公司总裁罗伯特·艾伯特正和他的银行职员威尔逊·霍尔在谈论通货膨胀和金融状况。

Albert:I'm really concerned about the general financial situation ,.

艾伯特:霍尔先生,我对于目前金融价总的状况甚为关切。

We've been living with constantly rising prices for too long .

我们长期在物价不断上涨的情况下生活着,

You would think that the tight money policies that the government has been following would start having some effect .

你大概认为政府所实施的银根紧缩政策已经开始产生一些效果。

Hall:I think they're starting to work ,rt rest rates have gone up substantially recently ,

霍 尔:我认为这些政策已经开始生效,艾伯特先生。近来利率已大幅度提高,

and the availability of credit has been sharply curtailed .

信贷的使用已大大削减。

Unfortunately ,however demand-pull inflation is not our only problem .

不幸的是,由需求而促成的通货膨胀并不是我们唯一的问题。

A;Yes ,the new problem seems to be cost-push inflation ,or what the economists sometimes call sellers'inflation .

艾伯特:是的,新的问题似乎是成本促成的通货膨胀,就是经济学家们有时称之为卖方通货膨胀。

H:Exactly example ,the rising costs of commodities and energy supplies over which we have no real control .

霍 尔:的确如此,譬如说,商品和能源的成本一直不断增加,对此我们没有得到真正的控制。

Fiscal and monetary policies can't do much to help us deal with this kind of inflation .

财政和货币政策对于我们解决这类性质的通货膨胀也是爱莫能助。

A:It must be very difficult for you as a banker to try to satisfy your customers during periods like this .

艾伯特:处于这样的时期,你作为一个银行家,要想尽力去满足你的顾客们的要求肯定是很困难的。

H:Indeed it t money policies make it necessary for us to turn down loan requests from many clients or to increase the downpayment requirements on mortgage and installment loans .

霍 尔:确实如此。银根紧缩政策使得我们必须拒绝许多客户的贷款要求,或者增加抵押货款和分期贷款的定金。

A:Well,let's hope we see an improvement le on fixed incomes,particularly retired people,

艾伯特:我们指望着不久将看到情况有所好转。眼下,那些靠固定收入的人们,特别是那些退休的人,

must be having a terrible time making ends meet.

为维持生计一定会碰到不少困难。

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章