口语英语实用生活英语口语

The english we speak(BBC教学) 第4期:Other half我的那位

本文已影响 2.26W人 

ing-bottom: 67.26%;">The english we speak(BBC教学) 第4期:Other half我的那位

Li:Hi Neil, how are you?

Li:你好尼尔,最近怎么样?

Neil:I'm fine thanks, how are you Li?I'm good.

Neil:谢谢我很好。小李你怎么样?我很好。

Li:Are you free on Saturday evening?

Li:你周六晚上有空吗?

I'm holding a small dinner rday?

我要举办一个小型的晚餐派对。周六吗?

Neil:Yeah, that would be fantastic but I'd better just check with my other half.

Neil:那好极了但是我最好和我的那位确认一下。

Li:Your other half?

Li:你的那位?

Li:What do you mean?

Li:什么意思?

Neil:Yes I'm not sure if my wife has anything planned for Saturday.

Neil:是的,我不确定我妻子周六是否有安排。

Li:Oh!I did not know you call your wife your other half.

Li:哦,我之前不知道你称你的妻子为你的那位。

That's interesting.

真有意思。

Neil:Yes.

Neil:是啊。

Neil:That's a phrase often used by married couples to refer to each other.

Neil:这是夫妻之间互相用来称呼对方的短语。

Li:That's useful to know.

Li:长知识了。

Let's hear some examples:

我们来听一些例子吧:

A:How's your other half?

你的那位怎么样?

Is she feeling better?

她好些了吗?

B:Yes, she is much better, thanks.

是的,她好多了。谢谢。

Lady:I like the colour of the car but I should ask my other half before I buy it.

我喜欢这车的颜色但是我买之前应该问一下我的那位。

A:Fancy another pint, John?

再来一品脱吗,约翰?

B:I'd love another pint but I have promised my other half I'll be home early.

我也想但是我已经答应了我的那位我会早点回家。

Neil:So, people often refer to their partner as their other half.

Neil:所以人们经常用“他们的那位”来称呼他们的伴侣

Li:Can this phrase be used to refer to both a husband and a wife?

这个短语即可以用来称呼丈夫也可以用来称呼妻子吗?

Neil:Yes, that's correct.

Neil:对。

Neil:And sometimes a man will refer to his wife as his better half.

Neil:有时一个男人也会称他的妻子为“更好的那位”。

Li:Better half?

Li:更好的那位?

Of course the woman is always the better half!

当然了,妻子总是更好的那位!

would not you agree?

难道不同意吗?

Neil:Of course!

Neil:当然!

My wife always reminds me that she's my better half!

我的妻子老是提醒我她是我的更好的那位!

Li:Let's listen to a couple of examples:

我们再来听两个例子吧:

A:Oh what a lovely room, you've made a great job of this.

欧,多么可爱的房间!你一定花了很多功夫。

B:Thanks, but compliments should really go to my better half, she chose all the colours and the furniture.

谢谢,但是应该表扬的是我的妻子,是她选了所有的颜色和家具。

A:Thanks for dinner last night.

谢谢昨晚的晚餐。

The food was fantastic!

食物太棒了!

B:You're welcome.I'm glad you enjoyed it.

不用谢,我很高兴你喜欢。

It was a fun evening.

真是个愉快的夜晚。

I'm really lucky, my better half is a great cook, I just have to do all the washing up.

我真的很幸运,我的妻子厨艺超赞,我只是负责洗碗。

Li:I'm sure your wife thinks you are the better half although she may not say it.

Li:我敢肯定你妻子肯定觉得你也是更好的那位尽管她可能不会说出来。

Neil:I hope so.

Neil:我希望如此。

Li:Well, just check with your better half and let me know if you are coming on Saturday.

Li:呃,和你的那位确认一下然后告诉我你周六是否能来。

Neil:I will do, thank you.

Neil:我会的。谢谢。

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章