口语英语实用生活英语口语

The english we speak(BBC教学)第21期:horse face 从本人那里听说的

本文已影响 2.71W人 

The english we speak(BBC教学)第21期:horse face 从本人那里听说的

Finn: Hello, I'm Finn and we're presenting today's The English We Speak on horseback. I'm joined by…Sorry about that_ by Feifei…

芬:大家好,我是芬。今天我们所说的英语将要在马背上为大家呈现。和我一起的是...不好意思,菲菲...

Feifei: Hello. Yes, we're taking a horse-riding holiday in the beautiful mountains of Wales.

菲菲:大家好。是的,我们正在威尔士的美丽山坡上享受骑马的假日。

Finn: Isn't it glorious?

芬:这难道不美妙吗?

Feifei: Beautiful. A million miles away from London.

菲菲:太美了。远离伦敦百米。

Finn: Eh, talking about London – you know our friend Mark, did you hear his news?

芬:额,说起伦敦,你知道我们的朋友马克,你听说他的新闻了吗?

Feifei: No, what happened?

菲菲:没有,发生了什么?

Finn: Great news for him. He sold his ice-cream delivery company.

芬:对他来说是好消息。他卖了他的冰激凌外卖公司。

Feifei: Wow!

菲菲:哇!

Finn: And he made 500,000 pound.

芬:而且他赚了50万英镑。

Feifei: Really? That's great news. Where did you hear that?

菲菲:真的吗?这真是极好的新闻,你从哪听说的?

Finn: Straight from the horse's mouth.

芬:直接从他嘴里。

Feifei: Eh – from our horse? Our horse told you about Mark?

菲菲:额,从马的嘴里?我们的马告诉你马克的事?

Finn: No, straight from the horse's mouth means...

芬:不,直接从马嘴里意思是...

Feifei: I know what it means, just kidding! Straight from the horse's mouth means directly from the source of the news or information – so in this case our friend Mark told Finn himself about the ice-cream business. Right, Finn?

菲菲:我知道它的意思,我在开玩笑!直接从马的嘴里意思是直接从新闻或信息的来源获得。所以在这里我们的朋友马克自己告诉了芬关于他冰激凌公司的事。对吗,芬?

Finn: Absolutely. Listen to these examples:

芬:当然。听听这些例子吧:

A: Our university is going to start teaching courses in oceanography.

A:我们学校将要开设海洋学方面的课程了。

B: Really? How do you know that?

B:真的吗?你怎么知道的?

A: Straight from the horse's mouth – the head of the university told me.

A:直接从马嘴里知道的,学校的校长告诉我了。

A: Are you sure Michael is coming tomorrow? I haven't seen him for ages.

A:你确定迈克尔明天要来吗?我好久没有见他了。

B: Yes, straight from the horse's mouth. He phoned me yesterday to tell me!

B:是的,直接从马嘴里得知的。他昨天打电话告诉我了。

Feifei: Anyway, what's Mark going to do next?

菲菲:不论如何,马克接下来打算怎么办?

Finn: Apparently he's starting a new ice-cream business – with lots of crazy flavours.

芬:很明显他要新开一个冰激凌公司,拥有超级多的疯狂口味。

Feifei: Like what?

菲菲:比如?

Finn: Grass-flavoured ice-cream.

芬:青草味的冰激凌。

Feifei: Really?

菲菲:真的吗?

Finn: Sure - straight from the…

芬:当然了,直接从...

Feifei: Horse's mouth! Well, I think our horse friend might enjoy grass-flavoured ice-cream, but I'm not so sure myself. Anyway do check out for more phrases.

菲菲:马嘴里得到!好吧,我觉得我们的马朋友可能会喜欢青草味的冰激凌,但是我就不一定了。不管怎样,一定要查看来获取更多的俚语。

Finn: Bye. Giddy up.

芬:再见。驾!

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章