口语英语实用生活英语口语

The english we speak(BBC教学)第134期:Glamping 豪华野营

本文已影响 1.58W人 

The english we speak(BBC教学)第134期:Glamping 豪华野营

Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil Edgeller.

尼尔:大家好,欢迎收听地道英语节目。我是尼尔·埃杰勒。

Feifei: And I'm Feng Feifei. Neil you're looking very relaxed and healthy today.

菲菲:我是冯菲菲。尼尔,你今天看起来很放松,而且也很健康。

Neil: Oh, thanks Feifei, I've just come back from a camping holiday actually.

尼尔:哦,谢谢你,菲菲,实际上我刚去野营度假回来。

Feifei: A camping holiday?! Most people come back from camping looking like they need another holiday because of the lack of comfortable facilities!

菲菲:野营度假?大部分野营回来的人看上去都需要继续休假,因为野营地没有舒适的设施。

Neil: Ah, well actually I cheated. I went glamping.

尼尔:实际上我说谎了。我参加的是豪华野营。

Feifei: Glamping?

菲菲:豪华野营?

Neil: Yes, glamping. Although I was staying in a tent, it was already set up when we arrived at the campsite, we slept on proper beds and even had a kitchen with a cooker and fridge.

尼尔:对,豪华野营。虽然我是住在帐篷里,但其实当我们到达露营地时,帐篷已经搭好了,我们睡在舒服的床上,那里甚至还有配备炉具和冰箱的厨房。

Feifei: Wow, that sounds more glamorous than camping!

菲菲:哇,那听起来可比普通的露营豪华多了!

Neil: Exactly! Glamorous camping. Put those two words together and you get…

尼尔:没错!豪华的露营。把这两个词组合在一起,就是……

Both: Glamping.

二人一起:豪华野营。

Feifei: Oh I see… glamping is a word made up of two words: glamorous…

菲菲:哦,我明白了……glamping这个词是由两个词组成的:是豪华……

Neil: And camping.

尼尔:还有露营。

Feifei: It's glamorous because there are lots of facilities you don't normally get in a tent, such as proper beds and even a kitchen.

菲菲:称为豪华是因为那里有很多一般帐篷中不会有的设施,比如舒适的床,甚至还有厨房。

Example

例子

A: I really hate camping… It reminds me of miserable holidays as a kid, sleeping on a cold, wet floor and eating horrible food!

A:我真的非常讨厌露营……那让我想起了孩提时代的痛苦假期,那时我睡在冰冷又潮湿的地上,而且食物也很糟糕!

B: You should try glamping. You get to spend time in the great outdoors but in a proper bed and with nice meals! It's wonderful!

B:你应该试试豪华野营。你可以在户外享受愉快的时光,然后睡在舒服的床上,享用美食!那非常美好!

Feifei: So do people really use this word 'glamping'?

菲菲:那glamping这个词很常用吗?

Neil: Yes, it's quite a new word and a bit of a joke, but you can read it and you do hear people use it because there are more and more companies offering glamping holidays.

尼尔:对,这是一个比较新的词,而且有点玩笑的意味,不过你可以听到人们使用这个词,因为现在有越来越多的公司提供豪华野营假期。

Feifei: Hmm…

菲菲:嗯……

Neil: What's up Feifei? I know you're a city girl, but wouldn't you like to try glamping?

尼尔:菲菲,怎么了?我知道你是都市女孩,不过你不想试试豪华野营吗?

Feifei: I'm not sure about that… Is there room service?

菲菲:我不太确定……那里有客户服务吗?

Neil: Room service?! That's a step too far! I'm afraid that's too glamorous for glamping!

尼尔:客服服务?那太过了!恐怕这对豪华野营来说太奢华了!

Feifei: OK, how about a spa and massage room?!

菲菲:好吧,那有没有水疗室和按摩室?

Neil: Spa and massage room?! Honestly, it's still camping. Bye for now.

尼尔:水疗室和按摩室?老实说,那实质上还只是露营而已。现在该结束节目了。

Feifei: Ha ha! Bye!

菲菲:哈哈!再见!

重点讲解:
1. set up
创建;建立;安排;组建;
eg. They set up a working party to look into the issue.
他们设立了一个特别工作组来调查这个问题。
eg. Tommy set up a bookshelf with a few pieces of wood.
汤米用几块木板搭成一个书架。
2. put together
装配;组装;拼合;组合;
eg. Vannevar bush put together a hard-working team.
万瓦尼尔.布什组建了一个十分刻苦的团队。
eg. These systems can be put together and used as knowledge management tools.
这些系统可以放在一起,用作知识管理工具。
3. remind sb. of sth.
使想起;使记起;提醒;
eg. I feel it is absolutely necessary for me to remind him of the meeting today.
我觉得绝对有必要提醒他今天要开会。
eg. He is fixated on things that remind him of his childhood.
他异常依恋那些使他回忆起童年生活的东西。

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章

推荐阅读