英语阅读英文经典故事

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第15章:离开河谷(8)

本文已影响 1.06W人 

It was not easy to get from Besham to our village and we had to walk twenty-five kilometres carrying all our things.

双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第15章:离开河谷(8)
要从贝沙姆走到我们的村庄不是件容易事,我们得带着所有的行李徒步25公里才能到达。

At one point we were stopped by the army, who told us we could go no further and must turn back.

在一个检查哨,我们被军方拦下,对方告诉我们不能再往前走了,必须掉头回去

'Our home is in Shangla. Where will we go?' we begged.

“我们的家在香拉县。你要我们回到哪里去?”我们苦苦哀求。

My grandMother started crying and saying her life had never been so bad. Finally, they let us through.

外祖母开始哭泣,说她的人生从来没有落入这么悲惨的境地。最后,他们终于让我们通过。

The army and their machine guns were everywhere.

一路上,到处都是军队与他们的机关枪。

Because of the curfew and the checkpoints there was not one other vehicle on the road that didn't belong to the military.

因为宵禁与检查哨的缘故,路上所有的车辆都是军方的。

We were afraid that the army wouldn't know who we were and would shoot us.

我们很害怕军方在不知道我们身份的情况下,就对我们开枪。

When we reached the village our family was astonished to see us.

当我们抵达村庄时,家族的成员看到我们都很讶异。

Everyone believed the Taliban would return to Shangla so they couldn't understand why we hadn't remained in Mardan.

所有人都认为塔利班会回到香拉县,所以他们不理解为什么我们不留在马尔丹。

We stayed in my mother's village, Karshat, with my uncle Faiz Mohammad and his family.

我们留在我母亲长大的村庄卡夏特,与我的舅舅法伊兹·穆罕默德及他的家人住在一起。

We had to borrow clothes from our relatives as we hadn't brought much.

因为带的行李不多,我们得借亲戚的衣服穿。

I was happy to be with my cousin Sumbul, who is a year older than me.

我很高兴能和表姐苏布待在一起,她大我一岁。

Once we were settled I started going to school with her.

在我们都安顿好之后,我开始和她一起去上学。

I was in Year 6 but started in Year 7 to be with Sumbul.

我之前读六年级,但我现在跟苏布一起念七年级。

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章