英语学习英语阅读技巧

双语美文:今天是我一生中最好的一天

本文已影响 1.24W人 

I was sitting at the dinner table

双语美文:今天是我一生中最好的一天

我坐在餐桌边


with my mother and step father

母亲和继父跟我坐在一起


discussing two different family drama situations

我们正讨论着家里发生过的两个有趣的轶事


when my mom gasps

忽然,妈妈倒吸了一口气


and her mouth is hanging wide open.

嘴巴张的大大的


She isn't speaking

她一句话也说不出来


so I go and look on her phone

我探身过去看她的手机


and it's a friend request on social website

原来是社交网上的一个好友申请


from my big sister

来自我的姐姐


who we both haven't spoken to in four years

我们已经跟姐姐断绝往来四年了


when all of my sisters got pissed at my mom

那时我的姐姐们都对母亲非常生气


over lies about their childhood spread by their biological father.

因为母亲在她们的生父这件事上撒了谎


They abandoned me too

她们也抛弃了我


since I was still living with her.

因为我和母亲住在一起


I lean over

我靠过去


and hug my mom over the shoulders

抱住了母亲的肩膀


and tuck my head in between her jaw and shoulder

把脑袋塞到她的下巴底下,肩膀上面的位置


as I myself start getting teary eyed.

自己也开始眼泪婆娑


She says

母亲说


"I don't want to accept it right away

我不能现在就接受邀请


that would be weird"

那会看起来很奇怪


and as she finishes saying this

她刚说完这句话


messenger is ringing

发现手机响了


and it's my big sister calling.

是我姐姐打来的


They talked for over two hours

他们谈了两个多小时


and hearing my sister

能够听到姐姐的声音


who I haven't seen or heard from in four years

——四年里从没见面,音讯全无的姐姐


and hearing my niece and nephew

听到我侄子和侄女的声音


who were one and three years old the last time I saw them

——上一次见面时一个才一岁,一个三岁


speaking words and full comprehendible sentences

如今他们已经开始说话,说出完整的,能让人听懂的句子


was the best thing ever.

这真是最棒的事情


The last time I saw them

上一次我看到他们


they were so little.

他们还那么小


I tell my mom after the phone call is done

母亲挂了电话之后,我对她说


that I'm going to wait for my sister to add me

我会等着姐姐来加我


and give her space.

给她一点空间


About thirty minutes later

大约三十分钟后


the notification popped up on my phone.

我的手机上弹出了一则通知


She sent me a friend request.

她给我发送了好友申请


I needed this.

我需要它


I needed this more than I actually knew.

我对它的需要超过了自己所知


A question I have been pondering lately is

最近我一直在思考一个问题


how does one grieve the living?

人们为什么要为还尚在的人缅怀感伤?


I missed my big sister.

我想念姐姐


I missed my niece and nephew.

我想念我的侄子侄女


I only met her 11 years ago

十一年前,我才第一次见到她


different dads, same moms, both remarried

同父异母,双方的家长都已经再婚


but at the time she came into my life

但是,她出现在我生活里的时候


I was in third grade

我才三年级


and I loved the fact that

我为此由衷欣喜


I finally had a sister living with me,

因为我终于有一个姐姐与我同住了


someone who I could hold onto

有人可以依靠


when I was scared,

当我害怕的时候


someone who would be there for me.

有人会陪在我身边


I just never thought

只是我没有想到


I would get to see her or hear from her again.

自己还能再见到她,听到她的消息


I was scared that

曾经我十分害怕


when the time came for me to have a child

当我的孩子出生的时候


that they wouldn't ever meet their cousins.

他们不会见到自己的堂哥堂姐


I missed my big sister.

我想念我的姐姐


I missed her so much.

非常非常想念。


猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章