商务英语常用商务英语口语

职场社交英语 Lesson 44:他自视甚高

本文已影响 5.04K人 

职场社交英语 Lesson 44:他自视甚高

SCENE② B 吉娜与戴夫在各自的隔间里工作

职场社交英语 Lesson 44:他自视甚高

【他自视甚高】

Zina: Do you think what I did to Elvin was 1) out of line?

吉娜: 你觉得我对艾文太过火了吗?

Dave: You could have tried to explain to him about the new programmers.

戴夫: 你本可以试着跟他解释,会有新的程序设计师进来。

Zina: Elvin doesn't want any programming help. He wants all the 2) glory for himself.

吉娜: 艾文才不想要有人来帮忙写程序。他想功劳一手抓。

Dave: You might be right. He does 3) think pretty highly of himself.

戴夫: 你或许没说错。他自视甚高。

Zina: Did you hear the names he was calling me?

吉娜: 你听到他怎么骂我吗?

Dave: I heard. But did you have to tear out his nose ring?

戴夫: 我听到了。但你有必要扯掉他的鼻环吗?

语言详解:

A: Can you explain your relationship to John?

你能解释你跟约翰的关系吗?

B: No. It's too complicated.

不能。 这太复杂了。

【could have tried 本可以试着】

“could+现在完成式”的句型用于说明先前的某一动作有改进的余地,有时表示含蓄的不满或指责。例如:

You could have finished it earlier.

你本该早一点把这事做完。

She could have done better.

她做得不够好。

A: I could have arrived much earlier. But I was caught in the traffic.

我原可以早早就到了。但是我受阻于路上交通拥塞。

B: That I can understand. But you could have called us and let us know.

这一点我可以了解。但是你本可以打个电话通知我们。

1) be out of line 过分的

2) glory (n.) 荣耀

3) think highly of... 对……评价很高。若后接反身代名词,则是指“自视甚高”。

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章