口语英语实用生活英语口语

绝对时髦!老美挂在嘴边的话

本文已影响 4.99K人 

绝对时髦!老美挂在嘴边的话


seeing things in black and white:看问题过于简单或刻板

seeing things in black and white,试想如果看事情只看到黑白两色,可以理解为看问题过于简单,或者刻板.

black and white在某些语境中可以理解为"简单".例如Things Are Not Always Black or White(事情不总是那么简单的).

所以,今天我们学习的这句俚语的意思是看问题过于简单或刻板.

You have to stop seeing things in black and white, there are many ways to look at a situation.

你看问题不该过于呆板,对于一个问题有多种方法.

I'm seeing things in black and white , you're either with us or against us.

我把话说清楚,要么你站在我这边,要么与我为敌.




bankroll something:为某事出钱投资

I found some foreign investors to bankroll our new nightclub.

我找到一些海外投资者,为我们的新的夜总会出资.

My uncle is gonna bankroll this venture.

我的叔叔准备向这个冒险事业投资.




get even with:报复

She wanted a chance to get even with him after he broke her heart .

在他伤了她的心之后,她一直想找机会报复.

I'll get even with him one day.

我总有一天跟他扯平.




settle a score:找...算账

Either you pay up now ,or I'll send it my bodyguards to settle the score .

你现在把钱还给我,不然我叫保镖找你算账.

I've got a score to settle with you.

我有笔旧帐跟你算算.




somewhere is our turf now:某地是我们的地盘了

The garden is my Mom's turf , I would't go digging around in there .

花园是我妈妈的地盘,我不能去那里捣乱.




Don't blow it all at once:别一下子全挥霍掉

You should't blow all you money on beer , rent is due next week.

你不该把钱都花在酒上面,下周该交房租了.




right back at you 彼此彼此,你也不错

A: Hey , you're a really good teacher .

B: right back at you .

A: You look really nice tonight .

B: right back at you .




got nothing on :没有抓住把柄

We can't get her fired , we've got nothing on her .

我们现在不能解雇她,还没抓到她的把柄.

They've got nothing on me I've got an alibi.

他们没抓我的罪证--我有不在现场的证据.




beat it out of somebody 逼...说出

If the soft approach doesn't get anywhere then beat it out of him.

软的不行就来硬的, 不怕他不招.

She wouldn't tell me the name of her new boyfriend ,I practically had to beat it out of her .

她不肯告诉我她新男友的名字,我逼她说的.





drawing a blank 一片空白,想不起来,希望落空

I'm drawing a blank , what was your brother's name again.

瞧我这记性,你哥哥叫什么名字来着?

I keep drawing a blank. That's a real let down.

我的希望一直落空,这真叫人失望.

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章

推荐阅读