口语英语实用生活英语口语

美语情景对话 第240期:Spanish Travel Tips 西班牙旅游小贴士

本文已影响 9.5K人 

Todd: Hey, Jessica, you lived in Spain right?

托德:嗨,杰西卡,你在西班牙生活过,对吧?

Jessica: Yes.

杰西卡:对。

Todd: OK, believe it or not I'm going to Spain this summer.

托德:好,不管你信不信,我今年夏天打算去西班牙。

Jessica: Are you really?

杰西卡:真的吗?

Todd: Yeah, yeah, on my way home I decided to stop over in Europe.

托德:当然,是真的,我打算在回家的途中去欧洲转转。

Jessica: Really!

杰西卡:真的呀!

Todd: So I plan to spend about ten days in Spain.

托德:我计划在西班牙待十天左右。

Jessica: Oh, cool. very cool!

杰西卡:哦,不错。非常不错!

Todd: What do you recommend I do?

托德:你会建议我做些什么呢?

Jessica: OK, well, I lived in Madrid, so I'm a little bit partial to that city. It's a really, really, nice time.., when are you going?

杰西卡:嗯,我在马德里生活过,所以我会偏爱那座城市。我在那儿度过了非常非常愉快的时间……你打算什么时候去?

Todd: I should get there mid August.

托德:我大概是八月中旬到那儿。

Jessica: OK, then stay away from Madrid because it's too hot. It's about like 40, 45 degrees Celsius, so it's really, really hot. So, the south is really, extremely warm as well, but the north and the east coast is really nice, cause they have a lot of really nice beaches, and Barcelona is really beautiful. It's a really great place. They have this cathedral there by Gaudi which is incredible, it's incredible. Ah, Valencia is really cool. It's a very nice place to go. They have a really nice beach. A really nice downtown city. The southern coast is really nice. They, but it's incredibly hot, like I said so, so you definitely have to take advantage of the siesta, and sleep through the majority of the day and then stay up late at night, so you wouldn't burn outside basically, so sleep away the warmest part of the day, but.

杰西卡:好的,那就不要考虑马德里了,因为那个时候马德里非常热。大概有40,45摄氏度,非常非常热。南方也相当热,不过北部和东海岸倒是不错的选择,因为那里有很多很棒的海滩,巴塞罗那真的很漂亮。那是一个很棒的地方。那里有高迪设计的大教堂,非常漂亮,非常漂亮。嗯,巴伦西亚很凉爽。那是个值得去的好地方。那里有非常好的海滩。是一个非常棒的繁华都市。南部海岸也很不错。不过就是太热了,就像我说的,所以你一定要利用午睡时间,用睡觉度过一天中的大部分时间,然后在晚上起床,这样你就不会被外面的阳光晒伤,所以要用睡觉度过一天中最热的时间。

Todd: OK, now if I can go to one country around Spain - Morocco, Portugal, or France, which one would you recommend?

托德:好,那如果我要去西班牙附近的一个国家,摩洛哥,葡萄牙,法国,你推荐哪个国家?

Jessica: I would say that Morocco is definitely the most different. It's definitely the most unique. Portugal is very similar to Spain, and France is of course France. Personally I would probably go to France, but if you want something very exotic and different, Morocco is definitely, definitely the place to go.

杰西卡:我会推荐摩洛哥,那是一个最与众不同的国家。那绝对是最独特的地方。葡萄牙和西班牙非常相似,法国当然就是法国。个人来说,我可能会去法国,不过如果你喜欢奇特的或者不同的带我,摩洛哥绝对是值得去的地方。

Todd: OK, thanks Jessica.

托德:好的,谢谢你,杰西卡。

Jessica: Thank you.

杰西卡:谢谢你。

美语情景对话 第240期:Spanish Travel Tips 西班牙旅游小贴士

重点讲解:
1. believe it or not
(强调刚才所述之事令人吃惊)信不信由你;
eg. That's normal, believe it or not.
那很正常,信不信由你。
eg. Believe it or not, that's the way it is.
信不信由你,反正事情就是这样。
2. stop over
中途下车;中途停留;
eg. He will stop over at Shanghai for a brief visit on his way home.
在回国途中,他将在上海停留,作短期访问。
eg. The plane stop over in Lyons on the way to Paris.
这架去巴黎的飞机在里昂中途停留。
3. be partial to
喜欢的;偏爱的;
eg. He's partial to sporty women with blue eyes.
他喜欢爱运动的蓝眼睛女子。
eg. Mollie confesses she is rather partial to pink.
莫莉承认她偏爱粉红色。
4. take advantage of
利用;占……的便宜;
eg. If you're too trusting, other people will take advantage of you.
如果你过于轻信,其他人就会打你的主意。
eg. Subscribers to the magazine can take advantage of this special offer.
杂志订户可享有此项特惠。
5. be similar to
相像的;相仿的;类似的;
eg. The accident was similar to one that happened in 1973.
这次事故和 1973 年发生的那起事故很相似。
eg. My problems are very similar to yours.
我的问题和你的差不多。

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章