口语英语实用生活英语口语

美语情景对话 第449期:International Marriage 国际婚姻

本文已影响 1.77W人 

Todd: So, Mark, um, you mentioned that your wife is Japanese.

托德:马克,你说过你的妻子是日本人。

Mark: That's right.

马克:没错。

Todd: Ok, and how long have you been married?

托德:你们结婚多长时间了?

Mark: We finally got married in April of 1998 but it took us a while to get to that stage.

马克:我们是1998年4月结的婚,不过我们结婚前谈了一段时间的恋爱。

Todd: Ok, well,what's it like being in an international marriage?

托德:好,国际婚姻的感觉怎么样?

Mark: I really enjoy it. There are different challenges, I mean any marriage has got challenges, and just having different cultures and different backgrounds and different languages, despite the fact that we both speak both our first languages. Yeah, it has different challenges but that makes it fun.

马克:我非常享受。这种婚姻有多种挑战,我是说每段婚姻都存在挑战,我们有不同的文化、不同的背景和不同的语言,不过我们都说各自的母语。虽然有不同的挑战,但是这让婚姻更有乐趣。

Todd: You said that your wife speaks to you in Japanese and you speak to her in English?

托德:你说过你妻子和你说日语,而你和她说英语

Mark: No it's fifty-fifty really. It really depends on what we're talking about: if we're watching an English movie or something on TV in English we'll speak in English; if we're reading the Japanese newspaper and we find something interesting we will probably speak in Japanese.

马克:不是,实际上是一半一半。这要取决于我们在谈什么:如果我们在看英语电影或是英语电视节目,那我们就会说英语;如果我们在看日语报纸时发现了有趣的事情,那我们可能就会说日语。

Todd: Ok, well, actually, how did you meet?

托德:好,那你们是怎么认识的?

Mark: Through my room mate in Japan, how many years ago now, probably about 15 years ago…

马克:我们是通过我在日本的室友认识的,那是多少年前的事情了?可能是15年前吧……

Todd: A while back.

托德:一段时间以前。

Mark: …introduced us. Yeah, it's been a long time.

马克……他介绍我们认识。对,很长时间了。

Todd: That's cool. Is there anything that's hard about having an international marriage?

托德:真酷。国际婚姻有没有什么困难的事情?

Mark: I suppose it means that you're always away from one person's family. I suppose that's the hardest thing. I'm in Japan now so I'm a long way from my family; when we lived in New Zealand before, my wife was a long way from her family.

马克:我觉得是其中一个人会一直远离家人。我想这是最困难的事情。现在我在日本生活,我离我的家人很远;而我们生活在新西兰人时,我妻子就要离开她的家人。

Todd: That's tough, that is tough. So how long did you live together in New Zealand?

托德:这很困难,很困难。那你们在新西兰生活了多长时间?

Mark: We were there for about 4 years,…I think. Yeah, yeah, approximately 4 years in New Zealand.

马克:我想大概有四年的时间。对,我们大概在新西兰生活了四年。

Todd: Now, have you lived in any other countries together?

托德:那你们还一起在其他国家生活过吗?

Mark: No, no, not together, it's either been Japan or New Zealand.

马克:不,没有,我们没有一起,不是住在日本就是新西兰。

Todd: Do you have any plans as to which country you're going to settle in?

托德:你们有没有计划在哪个国家定居?

Mark: Now that sounds very permanent to me!

马克:这对我来说是个永远存在的问题!

Todd: So you never know?

托德:所以你不知道?

Mark: Never know.

马克:不知道。

Todd: Alright, thanks a lot, Mark.

托德:好吧,非常谢谢你,马克。

美语情景对话 第449期:International Marriage 国际婚姻

译文属仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载

重点讲解:
1. depend on
取决(于);有赖(于);
eg. Success doesn't only depend on what you do. What you don't do is equally important.
成功不仅仅在于你做了什么,你没有做什么也同样重要。
eg. These charities depend on the compassionate feelings and generosity of the general public.
这些慈善团体依赖于公众的怜悯之心和慷慨解囊。
2. be away from
离(某人或某地)有一定距离;
eg. The two women were sitting as far away from each other as possible.
那两个女人坐在离对方尽可能远的地方。
eg. I was anxious to get him here, away from family and friends.
我急于把他带到这儿,远离家人和朋友。
3. settle in
习惯(新居);适应(新工作、新学校等);
eg. They want to settle in the booming cities.
他们想在繁荣的城市中定居。
eg. Man decided to settle in the town for good.
这个男人决定永远在那个小镇上安家。

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章