口语英语口语英语练习小对话

英语口语练习小对话 第44期:所有行囊

本文已影响 1.54W人 

迷你对话:

英语口语练习小对话 第44期:所有行囊

A:Susan is going to get a divorce.

Susan要离婚了。

B:How do you know that?

你怎么知道的?

A:She told me that she has a quarrel last nigh, and she left this morning,bag and baggage.

昨天告诉我和Peter吵了一架,今天早上就把东西全部带走了。

B:Oh, I see. But I think you are making a fuss. They will make it up. Bet it.

哦,我知道了。不过我觉得你有点大惊小怪了。他们会和好的。我确信。

地道表达:

bag and baggage

讲解:该习语为军事用语,指“士兵的随身行李和财物”。现在隐申为“带着全部东西,完全地,彻底地”。

支持范例:

tenant left, bag and baggage, without paying the rent.

她的房客未付房租就带着全部财物离去了.

week he cleared out bag and baggage;the room is now quite empty.

上周他把所有东西都搬走了,那房子如今空空如也。

house was vacated bag and baggage in a matter of hours.

这幢房子在几个小时里就全部腾出来了。

right, if you won't pay the rent, out with you, bag and baggage!

好吧,要是你不付房租,就收拾起你的东西滚吧!

词海拾贝:

a quarrel:吵架

is good - nature and have never have a quarrel with anyone

他脾气很好,从不和任何人争吵

y time you two have a quarrel the work gets delayed, and it's usually he who has to pick up the pieces.

每次你们俩吵架,总要把工作耽搁下来,而往往是他来收拾残局。

a fuss:大惊小怪,小题大做

shouldn't make all that fuss about so simple a matter.

这么简单的事,你不该那么大惊小怪。

do you always make a fuss over a trivial things?

只是点风吹草动, 你怎么就大做文章?

up:和解

separated couple couldn't make it up.

那对分居的夫妻不可能和解。

r their long argument the two brothers made it up.

长期争吵之后,兄弟俩终于和解了。

a divorce:离婚

it:确信

look great in these shoes. I bet it.

我敢肯定您穿着这双鞋真好看。

's still in this room, I bet it. Let me help you find it.

我肯定它还在这间屋里。我帮你找。

特别说明:

该节目中的迷你对话选自《脱口说英语》之口语习语大全,讲解部分为恒星编辑原创。

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章