“贿赂别人”,用英语怎么说?大纲
你知道英语中的“贿赂”怎么说吗?看看《闻香识女人》的这个片段是怎么说的吧。
对话原文
I was offered a bribe.
有人贿赂我
Oh, now we're cooked.
有点开窍了
Mr. Trask, the headmaster.
校长垂斯克先生
He promised to get me into Harvard.
答应让我进哈佛
If you squeal.
只要你告密
What a dilemma.
真是悲剧
Should Charlie Simms accept a free ride into Harvard or not?
查理·西门该不该搭便车进哈佛
What do you think your friend George would do if he were in your shoes?
易地而处 你觉得乔治会怎么做
He is, practically.
他一定会
How?
怎么说
I mean, it's just that k hasn't promised to get him into Harvard.
垂克斯先生没说要送他进哈佛
k doesn't have to.
他没必要
George's father's gonna take care of that.
乔治的爹会想办法的
Do the deal, Charlie.
点头吧 查理
Take it. Go to Harvard.
进哈佛去
I can't do that.
我不能这么做
Why not?
为什么不能
It's just some things you just can't do.
有些事你就是不能做
Explain them to me.
解释给我听
Louder, please.
大声一点 拜托
I can't...
我不能
You're gonna have a tough time in this world, Charlie.
你在这世上 可要吃苦头了
今日重点:
贿赂:bribe。除了作名词的贿赂,还可以作动词,“向……行贿”,bribe sb
校长:headmaster
承诺:promise to do sth
告密:squeal。作动词这个词还表示“惊声尖叫”,作名词表示“尖叫声”
进退两难:dilemma
免费搭车:a free ride。引申为“占便宜”
处于某人的位置:in one's shoes。本义为“穿着某人的鞋子”
接受这笔交易:do the deal